2.02.2012

I Won, I Won!

I hardly ever win anything. I did win $10 on the first lottery scratcher ticket I purchased and a raffle for a two night stay at a chi-chi hotel in Taos, New Mexico. I gave the Taos trip to some friends who had been very kind to me when I was having some tough times.

This week I won twice. Donna at Garden's Eye View and Bumble Lush Kitchen Garden both awarded me the versatile blogger award.

    The rules are as follows:
    • Post the Versatile Blogger Award to your post/blog.
    • Thank the blogger who nominated you with a link back to his/her blog.
    • Share seven random pieces of information about yourself.
    • Include this set of rules, and
    • Forward this award to fellow bloggers and inform them with a comment on their blogs.

    Random Detritus
    1. My penultimate favorite word is ramekin. It's a foodie word and it's also a bingo in the game Scrabble because it has seven letters. 
    2. I'm a social networking Luddite. I have a Twitter, Facebook and Google+ accounts, but rarely use them. 
    3. When I first started blogging I had a hard time thinking of comments for other blogger's posts. I've gotten better, but sometimes I still struggle especially when lots of people have already made thoughtful and insightful comments. 
    4. This year I'm trying to learn one new recipe a week. I tired of making the same handful of recipes every few weeks. 
    5. I learned to use an SLR camera when I was 14, when cameras still used film. 
    6. I used to call my previous dog Max, Boo Boos. I call my dog Aster, Baby Boo even though she's got about ten pounds on Max. 
    7. I'm making a concerted effort to eat more fruits and vegetables. 
    I've met so many great bloggers this past year and feel kindred with everyone whom I've met. I've met bloggers who share my interests in gardening, photography and food. And share with me a slice of life that I would not otherwise experience. I tried to nominate bloggers who have not already won this award. 

    Drum roll please! The winners are: 

    23 comments:

    1. So well deserved and you have some blogs here I will have to take a look at...have a great wekend!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Oooh Ramekin is GREAT word! I wish I was a better cook. When I see recipes online that are cooked in ramekins I always think they're very classy. :)
      I've found different running plans online to build speed and endurance. Women's Health magazine and similar sites have tips. I'm trying to decide if I'm serious enough to get an mp3 plyer or similar device to use while I'm running. Good luck!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Good luck to you, too! Hope you run your 5k this year.

        Delete
    3. Thank you so much for the recognition! You are so sweet! I love the idea of trying a new recipe each week. I love using ramekins. Great for portion control and just an all around handy in the kitchen!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I found a fun website that has lots of recipes almost daily on "Blogs of Note" that I'll do a post about. It makes for a more interesting dinner, too.

        Delete
    4. Oh, my goodness! Thank you very much! I so much enjoy your blog and the encouragement you've given me.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Patricia, thank you for supporting my blog and stopping by and commenting.

        Delete
    5. Big congratulations, Theta. And, thank you for the listing. Keep on creating those artistic images. All best, Lee

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Lee, thanks for stopping by. Maybe by reading your blog, I'll learn to become a better writer. :)

        Delete
    6. Congratulations! I'm with you on #3 and #7. I think they both get better with time and practice.

      ReplyDelete
    7. Way to go girl. You are always such a sweetie. Trying to catch up a little. Still behind with all the work here but wanted to drop by a few fave blogs.
      Cher Sunray Gardens

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Glad to know that work is keeping you busy and not something else like health or other issues.

        Delete
    8. Congratulations, have a great weekend.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love photography so I'll make a point to see your photos.

        Delete
    9. Gratuluję Ci otrzymanej nagrody :_))), zasłużyłaś na nią. Dziękuję jednocześnie za nagrodę dla mnie. Czuję się doceniona i jestem szczęśliwa z tego powodu. Jednocześnie jest mi bardzo przykro, ale nie biorę udziału w takich zabawach. Mam na swoim blogu taką uwagę ( napis nad różami z lewej strony ). Nie biorę udziału z jednego powodu: nie chce i nie będę wyróżniać żadnego blogu, bo wszystkie lubię i cenię !!! . Nie myśl, że robię to pierwszy raz, tak już było wielokrotnie. Przepraszam, ale muszę być konsekwentna. Pozdrawiam bardzo serdecznie i nie gniewaj się na mnie. *** I congratulate you received the award: _))), you deserve her. Thank you both for the reward for me. I feel appreciated and I'm happy about that. At the same time I am very sorry, but I do not take part in such games. I have to your blog such a notice (the inscription over the roses on the left). Not participate for one reason: does not want and I will not stand any blog, because all I like and appreciate! . Do not think that I'm doing it for the first time, so it was many times. Excuse me, but I have to be consistent. Yours very sincerely and do not be angry with me.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Giga, no offense taken. I wasn't sure whether to participate myself. I wanted to thank the bloggers who hadn't already won who visit my blog and let them know that I appreciate their friendship.

        Delete
    10. Cieszę się wszystko dalej będzie ok. i, że mnie zrozumiałaś. Pozdrawiam. *** I'm glad everything will still be okay and that you understood me. Yours.

      ReplyDelete
    11. Good for you, GirlSprout! And YES to ramekins. I also have lots of trouble commenting--it doesn't matter how enjoyable a post is, sometimes the words just don't show up. I always admire people who can toss off something germane and charming with apparently no effort.

      ReplyDelete
    12. i am sorry I am late but thank you very much for giving me the award! It was fun reading about you :)

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...