I hardly ever win anything. I did win $10 on the first lottery scratcher ticket I purchased and a raffle for a two night stay at a chi-chi hotel in Taos, New Mexico. I gave the Taos trip to some friends who had been very kind to me when I was having some tough times.
This week I won twice. Donna at Garden's Eye View and Bumble Lush Kitchen Garden both awarded me the versatile blogger award.
- Post the Versatile Blogger Award to your post/blog.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you with a link back to his/her blog.
- Share seven random pieces of information about yourself.
- Include this set of rules, and
- Forward this award to fellow bloggers and inform them with a comment on their blogs.
- My penultimate favorite word is ramekin. It's a foodie word and it's also a bingo in the game Scrabble because it has seven letters.
- I'm a social networking Luddite. I have a Twitter, Facebook and Google+ accounts, but rarely use them.
- When I first started blogging I had a hard time thinking of comments for other blogger's posts. I've gotten better, but sometimes I still struggle especially when lots of people have already made thoughtful and insightful comments.
- This year I'm trying to learn one new recipe a week. I tired of making the same handful of recipes every few weeks.
- I learned to use an SLR camera when I was 14, when cameras still used film.
- I used to call my previous dog Max, Boo Boos. I call my dog Aster, Baby Boo even though she's got about ten pounds on Max.
- I'm making a concerted effort to eat more fruits and vegetables.
I've met so many great bloggers this past year and feel kindred with everyone whom I've met. I've met bloggers who share my interests in gardening, photography and food. And share with me a slice of life that I would not otherwise experience. I tried to nominate bloggers who have not already won this award.
Drum roll please! The winners are:
- Cher at Sunray Gardens
- Giga at MÓJ KAWAŁEK PRZYRODY (My Piece of Nature)
- Susan at Ink and Penstemon
- Daniela at MIMI A JEJ SVET (Mimi and Her World)
- Patricia at Picturing Plants and Flowers
- Masha at A Rose is a Rose
- Sissy at got serenity?
- Donna at Garden Walk, Garden Talk
- Lee at Lee May's Gardening Life
- Karin at Southern Meadows